Our journey in getting our Canadian Visa wasn’t easy. It may have taken so long but it’s actually very convenient to use.
To start your online application, go to Apply Online page. Answer a few questions so you’ll know if you’re eligible or not to apply. After you finish that eligibility questionnaire, you can proceed now to creating your own account. All the documents they need from you will be uploaded in this account. You can choose to upload in one go, or like me, do it one at a time, until it gets completed.
Once you log in, all the information referring to your application will be visible. All the messages and updates are reflected here.
There will be message inbox where you can see your correspondence with the CIC.
You can view your application, whether submitted or not, in this portal. Your application can’t be submitted until all the attachments are provided for. So, what do you need?
1) Application Form – IMM5257 (Application for Visitor Visa Made Outside of Canada) It’s a 6 page application form you can download and fill up electronically.
2) Use of Representative Form (IMM5476) – just to be sure, authorize 1 person to act on your behalf for updates and what nots. This is a 2 page form.
3) Proof of Means of Financial Support – these are legitimate proofs that you have the means to support your pending travel expenses and other needs while in Canada. The following are some of the documents you may submit:
Certificate of Employment with Income
Property Titles / Registrations
4) Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) – If you and a family member will be applying together, you must fill up this form and assign who the family member representative will be. All the family members’ names and other pertinent details will be indicated here. 1 page form
5) Passport – a Valid Passport is needed on time of your application. You need to submit the Info Page and all the other pages with your travel stamps.
6) Proof of Relationship – I submitted all applicants’ Birth Certificates and our Marriage Certificate.
7) Purpose of Travel – My brother in law made an invitation letter for us to visit and attend his wedding
8) Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475) – Just to be sure, I indicated my husband’s name here. 1 page form
9) Family Information (IMM5645) – You will list all your immediate family members’ names and birthdates here. And if they are travelling with you or not. 2 page form
10) Invitation Letter – I just reattached the Invitation Letter same with the Purpose of Travel
11) Travel History – Also reattached the Passport and Travel Stamps File
12) Digital Photo – You must follow the specific size. Check out Photo Specs.
13) Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM5257B1) – This is a declaration form where you will declare the organizations and associations you are affiliated with. a 2 page form
These are the basic requirements that an applicant needs to submit. Once submitted and received by the CIC, they will change the status of the checklist to PROVIDED. And submission / uploading of documents will be closed.
Upon submission, you will have to pay the VISA FEE of CAD100.00 or about Php 3,729.00. You may opt to pay using a credit card which I did.
Once your submission is successful, you will receive an email and a message stating that your Online Application has been transmitted. It will include your Payment Receipt Number.
Waiting game starts after this. Kindly read our journey here.
We were requested to submit additional documents, so portal was again opened. We provided the additional documents.
1) Birth Certificate of our kids – I included our Marriage Contract as well.
2) Letter of Explanation why their father is not applying for a visa and if he will be joining us for the trip.
So there you go! Easy peasy right. Contact me if you have any questions on filling up the forms or what documents you need to submit in lieu of what was stated here.
By the way, these are also the same docs you will be needing if you apply through paper application. And I honestly think, that would be a better idea!